Below are some of our most frequently asked questions and answers about our commercial and residential moving services and storage facility.
Don’t see your question here? Call us at (413) 535-3200.
What areas does Boomerang Moving & Storage serve?
We primarily serve the Pioneer Valley and up to a 500 mile radius.
What are your moving rates? How do I receive a quote?
Our rates range from $128-$210 per hour depending on how many movers you will need to complete your move. During our free in-home estimate, your estimator will decide what size crew will be needed to service your move, and you will receive an official estimate by e-mail within 48 hours which will break down how long we expect your move to take, and what the final charges will be.
We normally do not operate on Sundays, but may make exceptions for an additional $50 per hour.
Click here to fill out an estimation form, or call us at 413-586-2666.
Is Boomerang Moving & Storage a licensed mover within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts?
Yes we certainly are. Our corresponding license number is MC #765077
Is Boomerang Moving & Storage a fully Insurance Company?
Yes we are. We carry several types of insurances, everything from general liability insurance, workman’s comp, motor cargo, warehouseman’s, as well as several bonds. Yes, we are covered and so are you!
What kind of moving insurance does Boomerang Moving & Storage provide to it’s customers?
Moving Insurance- 3 options
- Option A: Free insurance = base insurance at .60 per pound. All items are depreciated.
- Option B: $500 deductible. $3.50 per $1000 of valuation. All items are depreciated
- Option C: $250 deductible $5.50 per $1000 of valuation. Full replacement coverage
$500 deductible. $3.50 per $1000 of valuation. All items are depreciated
$250 deductible $5.50 per $1000 of valuation. Full replacement coverage
How will you protect my furniture?
We will wrap each piece in moving a blanket and secure the moving blanket on with shrink wrap. Your furniture is then strapped to the walls of the moving truck ensuring very safe and secure transport.
How do I pack up all my personal items such as dishware, clothing, books, records, etc?
For starters, we can provide you with all the boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and supplies to get you going.
- Dishes: Use either packing paper or bubble wrap on the bottom of the box (you generally want several layers for cushion) and then in between each dish and stack. Wrap any glass well with bubble wrap or paper. Ultimately, you want very little movement within the packed box and ideally have 1” or more of cushion on every side of the box.
- Clothing: You may use a wardrobe box which comes with a metal bar so you can simply hang your clothes or you can fold and box or you can simply pack your clothes in garbage bags as many clients often do.
- Media and files: The idea is to pack each box very tightly with little to no air space. We like to say you almost want to be able to sit on the box if packed correctly. This way the box holds its shape well and can be stacked without running the risk of crushing.
- Appliances: Please just unplug, clean, defrost if necessary and drain. Secure any loose items inside the appliance or remove and pack in a moving box. We will take it from there.
- Motorized Equipment: Drain gas and oil completely and break down as much as possible.
Do you offer storage services?
Yes. Click here for more information and rates. If you need your storage picked up or delivered, extra charges will apply.
Do you offer packing and unpacking services?
Yes we do. We can provide packing services on the move-out and move-in end at an hourly rate. Please either fill out our online quote form or give us a call so we can give you an estimate.
When is my payment due?
A small deposit is required prior to your move date. The final balance is due at the completion of your move.
Planning to Move?
Boomerang Moving and Storage offers moving services and storage for residential and commercial customers in Northampton, South Hadley, Amherst, Hadley, Chicopee, Easthampton, Westhampton, Southampton, Granby, Belchertown, Longmeadow, East Longmeadow, West Springfield, Holyoke, Florence, Ludlow and all other locations in Western Massachusetts. Call Us Today (413) 535-3200 or click on the link below.