Boomerang Moving & Storage was established in 2008 and has become a solid fast growing moving company in the Western Massachusetts area and has developed an excellent reputation. We specialize in providing moving and storage services to residential and commercial clients. We also provide move in out storage services for students working at over 20 colleges and boarding schools in 3 states.
Who We Want
We are looking for people to take over a Lead Mover position within our company. No experience is required but we do look for a few specific characteristics. What makes the ideal candidate?
The kind of person that laughs in the face of 100 degree weather and 12 hour days (although technically we usually work about 8 or 9). The kind of citizen who understands that manual labor is the gosh darn lifeblood of this beautiful country.
You know who you are.
But we are also looking for people who know how to use that thing between their ears. You have to have the brain to match the brawn. Problem solving skills, creativity, and an aptitude for jedi mind tricks will get you far with us.
Finally, excellent communication and leadership skills, a drive to learn, and a motivation to help people are absolute musts.
Pay & Perks
- Pay starts at $17.00 for lead movers in training. If you have a lot of prior professional moving experience, we’ll start you at a higher rate of pay. Training lasts anywhere from 2 weeks to 4 months or more depending on the level of experience and overall aptitude.
- Great tips that often bring your hourly wage up to $25 or more!
- Workers Compensation
- 401K Plan with great employee match benefits
- Occasional Lunches and Dinners
- Full time workers get 40 hours every week often more.
*During or after training, if you are unable to progress to the lead mover position due to changes to your driving record, disciplinary action, personal preference, or any other reason then you will be given a non-lead position and paid an hourly rate of $15.
- Must be in good physical condition. Obviously.
- Must be able to work at least 3 days a week.
- Must have own reliable means of transportation.
- Must be willing and able to drive our large 26? box trucks. If no experience, don’t worry we will train you.
- Must be willing to take on the responsibility of managing crews, supervising jobs, and taking on the role of a lead mover once training is completed.
- Must have a love or at least general tolerance for manual labor. Who doesn’t love lifting stuff?
- Must be willing to help our young company grow by giving us your best.
- Must be clean cut and and very well mannered
Start Work Tomorrow
If you checked off all those things, then go ahead and send us some info about yourself.
DO NOT CALL US PLEASE! As much as we would love to hear your voice, we get a ton of phone calls each day and email is just way more convenient.
If we like what we see in your application, we will set up a time to meet and discuss more. Be ready to start soon!